- eHarmony Australia Valentine’s Day Free Trial 2016 (February 11th to the 16th)
- How to Buy a Subscription to eHarmony and Save Money
- Get the GameFly 30 Day Free Trial Offer (Rent Video Games Online)
- Win 6 Months of Spotify Premium and a Logitech UE 900 Earphones
- How to Create a Family Budget (and Stick to it!)
Running out of space on Dropbox is the norm if you have a Basic user account. If you store all your files on the popular cloud based storage service it will be no surprise that you run out of space quickly. All free users start off with 2 GB of space, but they can quickly accumulate more storage by following few tasks. Anything from following Dropbox on their social media accounts or downloading the Dropbox app onto your phone can add more gigabytes to your account, all for free. I’ve wrote an article a while back on 8 ways to get extra space on Dropbox, this article outlines the many ways you can get most of the popular online storage service.
However, there is one trick I didn’t mention because I was still testing out the process and making sure it was a truly free way to get more space on Dropbox.
Google Adwords Method
Google Adwords is a great way to promote your business or website through contextual/banner ads. These ads are automatically placed on websites that have content that is similar to the advertisement, thus the publisher will have a higher click through rate. But without getting into the details of Google Adwords let me explain how you can get more space on Dropbox with the advertising platform.
If you are an Adsense publisher, time to time you will get a gift card from Google giving you a $100 voucher for Google Adwords which you can redeem for free. Here is the catch though – you much enter in your credit card information to redeem this gift card. With this voucher you will start a campaign on Google Adwords to promote Dropbox with your referral link. For every person you invite, the more space you will receive in your account.
You also don’t have to be an Adsense publisher to receive an Adwords gift voucher. You can find these vouchers online from third party websites that have a promotional page, such as: hosting websites, domain registrars and more.
How it works
For this method you will need a Google Adwords voucher and Dropbox referral link. You can find your own personal Dropox referral link by navigating to your account and click on settings, then click on the tab that says Security. On the left side of the page you will find a URL that says “Invite your friends for more space”, click on that. Or you can go to https://www.dropbox.com/referrals once you’ve logged in.
Now that you have your referral link you will start a campaign on Google Adwords to advertise Dropbox. When someone clicks on your link, registers for an account and downloads and install Dropbox on to their computer, you will receive 500 MB of space for free!
So here are the steps.
- Get the gift card and redeem it on Adwords.
- Create a campaign to run an ad.
- The campaign will be promoting your Dropbox referral link.
- Set up a campaign which makes it luring for visitors to click and register for an account on Dropbox.
- Make sure to set up high click through rate ad by adjusting the PPC (Price Per Click) to high amount. This will ensure that you will get immediate action on your ads.
- Since you must add your credit card information to redeem the voucher its important to STOP THE CAMPAIGN before it reaches the $100 mark. You will see a charge on your credit card if you go past the $100 point.
- You can also set the daily maximum amount you would like to spend on your campaign. I would suggest taking advantage of this feature so you don’t hit your max in one day.
Please keep in mind that you must follow all the guidelines that Adwords has set out for publishers to ensure that you will not get banned. This method is fairly simple but will take you some time to setup. Overall, it may be time consuming, but you will get extra space on Dropbox with this referral method.
If you’re having trouble setting up your campaign, there are plenty of helpful videos on YouTube that will help you get started on Adwords.
To receive the 500 MB of free space the user must download and install Dropbox on to their computer, otherwise you will not be credited.
Also, its important to know that the maximum gigabyte you can receive is 16 GB in total through the referral program. So if you already have 16 GB of space on Dropbox by using this method I would suggest moving up to one of the paid subscription plans.
And for those who don’t have Dropbox I would highly appreciate if you used my referral link to sign up. (No pressure 😉 ).