- Top 10 Christmas Movies to Rent this Holiday Season
- Back to School Free Trials and Free Web Services for College Students
- Miramax Films and Netflix Sign Deal
- Spotify offers Half-Off Discounted Price for College Students for Spotify Premium
- How to Give a Netflix Gift Card this Holiday Season (Or Any time of the Year)
I personally got the new Moto G from Motorola and I noticed this awesome perk that I wanted to share with you guys. In this article I”ll be sharing how you can redeem 50GB of free space on Google Drive through your Moto X or Moto G phone.
If you have one the latest phones from Motorola (Moto X or Moto G) then you’ll be lucky to receive 50GB of free storage on Google Drive. Usually, everyone can get up too 15GB of free Google Drive storage. But if you have purchased a unlocked or on-contract Motorola phone then you will be able to redeem 50 gigabytes of free storage. In total you will receive 65GB of drive storage. This is alot of space to start keeping and sharing your photos, documents and other files. With Google Drive you can access those files from anywhere.
So there is a catch, if you can call it that. The offer is only valid for two years. Meaning from the moment you redeem the offer on your phone there will be a 2 year countdown. Once the two years is up you will no longer be able to add to your 50GB of storage but you will be able to share, edit and retreive your existing files.
This Youtube video showcases the promotional offer from Motorola.
Here is how to redeem 50GB of free storage on Google Drive through your Moto X or Moto G.
(For people launching the Google Drive app on their phone for the first time.)
- On your phone you will have Google Drive application already pre-installed on your phone. Tap the icon.
- Once the app opens you will need to review and accept the Terms and Conditions. Tap agree and continue on.
- Next you will be presented with the Google Drive promotion. The promotion is for 50GB of free storage on Google Drive. You will see a blue button that says “Redeem”. Tap that button.
- Now that you have tapped the redeem button on your phone you will be asked to choose a Google account that you want the offer to be applied too.
- After you have selected the account, 50GB of free storage will be added automatically.
- You can check the total amount of space you have by selecting the dashboard menu located on the left hand side of the interface. Once that section opens up you can view the total amount you have on the bottom, along with the percentage of that you have used.
If you have already launched the app but did not see any promotional offer you can get back to it by following these steps.
- Open up the Google Drive app.
- Navigate your way to the application menu and select the option “Product Tour”.
- The promo offer will appear and you can start redeeming the offer.
So here are some things to keep in mind when redeeming this offer.
- You must redeem the offer within 30 days of the phones activation or it will expire.
- You will not be able to upload any new files to your Google Drive account once the 2 years is up.
- You must have a Google account to redeem the offer.
- This offer is limited to only one (1) Google Account.
- You must have a Motorola Moto X or Moto G to redeem this offer.