In my last article I wrote about UberEATS and how you can get a free meal worth $20. In this article I will be talking about a similar service, but with more options. GrubHub is a food delivery service that allows you to find local restaurants in your area and have them deliver a meal to you. This summer, if you are living in Los Angeles, you can get $10 off your first GrubHub meal.
With GrubHub you will find more variations of restaurants that are NOT too pricey. One of the reasons why I lean towards GrubHub is that they have a large collection of restaurants in my area. However, delivery with GrubHub is more expensive. The delivery fee is usually over $7.
With GrubHub you can also pick up your order if you want to avoid the delivery charges. Through their app or website you can order your food, have the option to have the meal delivered or picked up. You will also have the option to pay at the store with cash (if you’re picking up) or pay through a major credit card, like Visa or Mastercard.
Also, they offer payment through PayPal!
Discount Promo Code
If you’re living in Los Angeles and you will like to save $10 on your next GrubHub meal use the following promo code:
In order for the promo code to work, you must order your meal in Los Angeles. Your meal must cost over $15 for the promotional code to be officially applied.
Here are the steps to add the discounted offer to your GrubHub account.
- Download and install the GrubHub app through either the Google Play Store or the app Store for iPhones.
- Once the app has been installed, sign in or create a new account with GrubHub.
- Once you’ve signed in, find a restaurant that you want to try out. I’ve selected Pepper Mexican Grill. Im going to add the carne asada fries and a burrito. You can also make adjustments to your order. For example, if you don’t want onions or cilantro you can make a note of it under the “Special Instructions” box.
- Once you’ve added the items into your cart, go ahead and tap the checkout icon located on the upper right corner of the app.
- On this page, you’ll see the total amount of the order. My order is $28.83 because the delivery fee and 15% tip. However, these are options that can easily be changed. Simply tap on the delivery option and switch it to pickup (if you want to save money). Then change the tip to “Cash Tip”. You don’t need to give a tip, especially if you’re picking up.
- Click on Continue to Checkout. From here, you will need to add in your payment information. If you are paying by cash, you can switch option and skip this step.
- After you’ve added a payment option you will be on the last page before you place the order. Here is where you will add in the $10 discount promo code. You will see a notification, indicating that the discount was applied.
- And lastly, enjoy your GrubHub Meal!
This offer will expire on August 20th, 2016. It also seems as though it will only work for first time users. Let me know how it goes.
TIP: Don’t assume they’ll add in the plastic utensils and napkins. You must ask!