In this article you will learn how to search for your family history for free using Ancestry.com. The genealogy service provides a free trial offer. Ancestry.com helps people discover their past with ease by filtering through a massive archive of birth certificates, death certificates, immigration papers, census, voter lists, marriage licenses, school records and other documents.
Essentially you will need to take the first steps to to finding out your history by building a family tree. There are numerous amounts of steps you will have to make to successfully root back to your great ancestors but using Ancestry.com will help you do that without feeling lost or confused.
The site offers a 14 day free trial offer which can be used to access the full site and all the features and tools that will help you find more information about your family history.
Free Family History Search with Ancestry.com
Using Ancestry.com you will be on the first steps to discovering your genealogy. Follow the steps below to finding your family history.
- Head over to Ancestry.com.
- Click on the orange button that says “14 day free trial”.
- At this point you will have to choose a subscription plan that is right for you. There are two you can choose from so I’ll go into a little bit more detail about them.There is American Membership or the World Membership. If you believe your great great ancestors immigrated to the U.S and it would be advised to select the World Membership so you can root back your family history.You will have the option to pay month to month, for 3 months or on a yearly basis on the two plans that are available. You will be saving the most amount of money if you paid on a yearly basis.Monthly: $19.99 a month for American Membership or $29.99 a month for World Membership.
3 Month: $17.99 a month for American Membership or $27.99 a month for World Membership. (You will be billed for 3 months as soon as the free trial ends.)
Yearly: $14.99 a month for regular country membership or $24.99 a month for the World membership. (You will be billed for the year right after the free trial period comes to an end.)
Free Trial Details
Every plan comes with a 14 day free trial offer. You will need to register for a membership for Ancestry service with a valid credit card. During the trial period you will have access to the tools to search your family history for free. After the trial period you will be billed accordingly based on the membership you have selected. You can cancel your membership during the trial period and you will not be charged for the membership. If you decided to continue with Ancestry services after the trial you can continue using all the features and will be billed accordingly.
- Once you have selected the plan you will have to create an account by entering your name, email address, a password and agree to the terms of service.
- Once you have created your account you will have to enter in your billing information.
- After this procedure is completed you can start searching for family history for free for 14 days!
If you’re not convinced that Ancestry.com can help you search for your family history for free check out the short video showcasing the features of the unique service. The video shows late night show host Jimmy Kimmel embarking on his family history search.