- Which Dating Site is Better eHarmony or Match.com (The Winner is..)
- Eharmony Dating: Review Your Matches (No Free Trial)
- Hulu Plus Super Bowl XLVI (46) Commercial Teaser
- Get 10 Free Movies When You Sign Up for VUDU
- September 2013: Communicate With your eHarmony Matches during the Free Communication Weekend
Choosing the right music streaming service may be hard. You may have to consider multiple factors such as, the number of tracks available, the features they offer, if there is an offline option and of course, price.
I was one of the many consumers wondering what the cheapest online music streaming service was. After some research I found out that the price was pretty much the same across the board, give or take few dollars ( $2-$3). When it comes to price there isn’t much of a difference between the companies but what stands out more are the feature that each of them offer. There are plenty of comparison articles online between the major music streaming services but most do not mention what the cheapest one is.
There are 4 major music streaming services that people use day to day: Spotify, Pandora, Google Play and Apple Music.
Below is a list of the Cheapest Music Streaming Services on the Web.
Spotify costs $9.99 a month.
They call their upgraded plan Spotify Premium. Spotify Premium offers ad-free, high quality audio playback, offline listening capabilities and much more for under $10. They are by far, the most popular and well-known services when it comes to music streaming. They also offer discounts for family members, students and Playstation owners.
- Family – If you are already a Spotify subscriber you can upgrade your family members and get 50% off of their plan. So your family members will get Spotify Premium for $4.99 a month.
- Students – With a valid student email address you can get Spotify Premium for half the cost ($4.99) a month.
- Playstation Owners – For 2 months you can access Spotify Premium for $2.00. The cool thing about accessing Spotify through Playstation is that you can listen to music as you play. *After the two months you will pay the regular subscription fee ($9.99).
- Free Trial: If you just want to check them out and see if they are they fit your music needs, you can always try them out for 30 days with their free trial offer. You will need a credit card and you will be charged at the end of the 30 day period. You may also cancel your membership before trial period ends without being charged.
- Free Version – there is always the option to check out the free version of Spotify. It won’t cost you a dime but you will not get any of the premium features.
Pandora One costs $4.99 a Month
Pandora is known as the Internet Radio. They have offer two plans, free and their premium plan called “One”. With Pandora One you can enjoy your favourite tracks ad-free, skip the songs you want without any limits and listen to stations without worrying about pausing. Pandora is different from most of the other music streaming services. They are more about radio stations rather than on-demand music.
At this time they do not offer any discounts. However, you can always sign up for their free plan and enjoy online radio from multiple devices. Unfortunately, Pandora is only offered within the United States, Australia and New Zealand. But if you like you can use this method to get around that.
Apple Music costs $9.99 a month
This is by far the most used service. Apple Music provides ad-free, unlimited streaming on multiple devices for 10 bucks a month. However, they do bill you by the year, like most other services. Apple Music and Spotify are very similar with only a few feature differences.
Family Plan – If more than 2 people in your family want to use Apple Music it would make more sense to sign up for the family plan which costs only $5 more than the regular plan. At $14.99 you and your family can enjoy endless tracks without any limits or restrictions
3 Month Trial – For 90 days you can enjoy a full membership of Apple Music for free. You will not be charged during the trial period. However, at the end of the 3 month trial you will be charged for the full year, so keep a close eye on your trial end date.
Google Play Music costs $9.99 a month
Google Play Music has plenty of perks. Not only do you get on-demand music streaming of over million plus tracks but you also get to enjoy Googles other premium services like YouTube Red. You can read more about YouTube Red here.
Google Play Music is one of the more popular music streaming services because they always bundle multiple services into one price, they call this “All Access”. Like I mentioned above, not only do you get access to YouTube Red but you also get to try them out for 30 days and see all the benefits.
Google Play Family Plan – If you have more than 3 people in your family then this discount may be something you are looking for. Similar to Apple Music, the Family plan gives up to 6 family members access to Google Play Music for $14.99 a month.
Free trial – As always, when ever there is some type of paid service, the company will offer a free trial as well. Google is no different. Check out Google Play Music for 30 days for free with their trial offer.
So the cheapest music streaming service is Pandora One, however since Pandora One does not have premium features like Apple Music or Spotify, it would not be the best choice
Spotify for students is by far the cheapest and the most valuable plan. For $4.99 you get all the premium feature of Spotify without worrying about a price increase. This is by the cheapest and best music streaming service online.