Every Valentine’s day a large portion of people stay home. This is normal, in fact many people prefer to do this rather than go out to a fancy dinner with a loved one. However, if you are home alone this Valentine’s day and you want to pass the time without feeling depressed, check out these 5 things you can do for free.
The 5 things you can do, can be done from home without even leaving the coach. You must need an internet connection, a mobile phone and credit card. A TV would be great as well but a laptop would do just fine. The services that I will be mentioning below will be free through a trial promotion. Usually these trials periods are well be over 7 days, so you can use them past Valentine’s day.
- Netflix – if you don’t have Netflix yet, you are missing out. Not only can you binge watch you favourite TV shows from the first season but you can watch exclusive content that is only available on Netflix, like House of Cards, Jessica Jones and others. Use the 30 day free trial to watch your favourite movies during this Valentine’s Weekend.
- Spotify – If you rather listen to music than watch movies then Spotify is your number one source for free streaming tunes. You can listen to your favourite tracks from the comfort of your bed or anywhere through the Spotify App. The music streaming service offers both free and paid plans. If you decide to go with the paid plan, which gets you no-ads, unlimited skips and offline listening then you will be happy to know that it comes with a 30 day trial period, which is of course free.
- Gamefly – you can always play video games on your console this Valentine’s day. If you’re getting bored with old games you can use the game rental service, Gamefly. With Gamefly you can rent up to 2 games and have them delivered to your doorstep within days. Once you’re bored with playing the games you rented, you can return them in a prepaid envelope. There are no late fees, so you can keep the games however long you want. Like the other service, Gamefly comes with a trial offer for 30 days. If you live in Canada, you won’t have access to Gamefly but luckily there is a similar service called GameAccess.ca.
- Udacity – Want to learn something new this Valentine’s day? Enroll in a course on Udacity and learn something new for 2 weeks, free. Whether you want to learn how to code, design a website or market things online – Udacity has a course for you. Each and every course is evaluated by the students and rated as well.
- eHarmony – If you don’t have someone to spend your time with and are seeking out to find someone, then your best bet would be to join a dating website that is creditable and well-known. During the Valentine’s weekend eHarmony is providing a free trial promotion to users within the United States, Canada and Australia. You will be able to communicate with your matches for free during this trial. The great thing about this offer is that you will not need a credit card to sign up.
You won’t have to feel bored or alone with these services. Any one of these will entertain the blues away and keep you happy during this Valentine weekend.